Do you love cupcakes but also want a healthier snack option? Then you have to try making cupcakes with a kale chips topping. The combination of moist chocolate cupcakes and crunchy, savory kale chips is surprisingly satisfying.
What Is Kale?
Kale is a leafy green vegetable which belongs to the cabbage family. It is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Kale has numerous health benefits, including cancer prevention, heart health, brain function, and digestion.
How To Make Kale Chips?
- One bunch of kale washed and dried
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the kale leaves with the stems into bite-sized pieces, then discard the stems.
- Place the kale leaf pieces in a bowl and coat with the olive oil. You can use your hands to massage the oil into the kale until it is covered completely.
- Spread the kale pieces onto a baking sheet, then Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the kale is crispy.
- Remove the kale pieces from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve immediately, or store in a container for later use in the dishes.
How To Make Yummy Healthy Cup Cakes With The Kale Chips
Here is the guide about the process of making your kale chip cupcakes, which will add the effect level of texture and crispiness to your cupcakes and also nutrition for your body
- 1 and 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Three large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Kale chips
- Choose whole wheat or spelled flour instead of all-purpose white flour to add fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Swap part of the butter or oil for pureed fruit like banana or applesauce, which adds moisture and natural sweetness without extra fat.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of some or all of the butter or oil, as it provides protein and makes the cupcakes moist.
- Top with fruit instead of frosting for a healthy boost of vitamins and antioxidants. Fill the cupcakes with chopped apples, berries, or other fruit.
- Add flavorful and nutritious ingredients like cocoa powder, nut butter, or shredded coconut.
- Go easy on any frosting and choose creamy options made with Greek yogurt instead of buttercream.
- Studding the tops with seeds like chia, hemp, or flax provides healthy fats and nutrients. With a few tweaks, cupcakes can become a tasty treat you feel good about enjoying.
- Meanwhile, prepare kale chips by thoroughly washing and drying kale leaves, stripping them from their thick stems, then tossing them with olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake the kale chips at a low temperature until crispy but not burnt, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes and kale chips are ready, top each cooled cupcake with a small handful of the baked kale pieces.
- The kale adds a pleasantly bitter, nutritious crunch that balances perfectly with the sweet chocolate cupcake.
- With proteins, fiber, and nutrients from the kale paired with an indulgent treat, these cupcakes make for a healthier, sweet snack you won’t feel as guilty about enjoying.
Kale chips – cupcakes best friend
Can you imagine taking your cupcake game to a new level by incorporating kale chips? Get ready to experience flavor fusion like never before. Think outside the box and explore incredible ways to decorate cupcakes with kale chips – the crispiness adds a unique texture and vibrant colors to your masterpieces. Let your creativity soar as you craft visually stunning and mouthwateringly tasty treats. With kale chips by your side, your cupcakes will shine like never before.
Can we add kale to the cupcakes
Adding kale to cupcakes might not be a common practice, as kale is a leafy green vegetable with a strong flavor that may not pair well with the sweet and delicate nature of cupcakes. However, if you’re looking to incorporate kale into your baked goods, there are alternative recipes that utilize kale in a more suitable way. For example, you can consider making kale smoothies or juices, where the flavor of the kale can be balanced with other ingredients like fruits and vegetables. Additionally, you can explore savory recipes such as kale chips or incorporating kale into savory muffins or bread. While experimenting with ingredients can be fun, it’s important to consider the flavors and textures that work well together to achieve a delicious end result.
Kale chips make a crunchy and nutritious topping for moist chocolate cupcakes. The combo of sweet and salty flavors will satisfy any taste buds. Using whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and fruit instead of fat and sugar, the cupcake base can be made with more nutrients and fewer calories than traditional recipes. Baked kale chips boost each snack’s vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Together, these baked goods provide an indulgent treat packed with nutrients from kale, whole grains, and yogurt. This kale chips cupcake combination is a delicious way to boost the nutritional value for those looking to enjoy cupcakes and snacks with less guilt. With just a few wholesome tweaks to traditional recipes, it’s possible to satisfy a sweet tooth without neglecting health. These tasty and healthier swaps make cupcakes more suitable for everyday enjoyment.